I’m going to let you into a little secret! It’s a no brainer that you need to look after your skin, but do we really need to spend an arm & a leg on beauty products?
Especially when we have a plethora of good, natural products right under our noses!
I love to treat myself & get a little luxury now & then, don’t we all? But sometimes our skin is crying out for something natural!
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
I’m not going to tell you all of the benefits that these potions have, it’s pretty self explanatory, they’re 100% natural & good for your skin! Nor am I going to give you a science lesson! These are ingredients that you have lying around the house & I’m just going to tell you how to use them, so let’s get cracking!
Here’s my top 5 ThrifDee Skin Hacks!
Brown Sugar Peppermint & Olive Oil Scrub –
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine the ingredients until you get a coarse paste. Do not heat the oil as this might cause the sugar to melt.
- Cleanse your skin and apply this paste onto it.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the mixture, in circular motions, on your skin.
- Take 5-10 minutes to gently massage and exfoliate your body, spending 1-2 minutes on each part.
- Wash the mixture off using lukewarm water.
This is a refreshing scrub that wakes you up & keeps your skin soft, supple & revitalised. Using 1-2 times per week is all thats needed.
Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner –
- 1 small glass of filtered or mineral water
- 2Tbsp of Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Few drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Optional)
- For normal to dry skin, mix 1/3 part vinegar to 2/3 part filtered water. Add a few drops (you can add 5-10 drops per 2 oz. of mixture) of Lavender oil.
- For oily and acne-prone skin, mix 1/2 part vinegar and 1/2 part filtered water. Add a few drops ( add 5-10 drops per 2 oz. of mixture) of lavender oil.
- Store in a glass bottle at room temperature.
- Use toner twice a day – first thing in the morning and right before bed.
This is amazing for toning and can be used for all skin types. For oily and acne-prone skin, it helps to treat acne and reduce redness. For dry and normal skin, also helps to exfoliate skin and reduce wrinkles.
Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter –
- 2 Cups Of Natural Coconut Oil
- Few drops of essential oil of your choice (if using)
- Scoop coconut oil into a mixing bowl.
- Break the coconut oil up into chunks.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until all the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
- If you’re going to add essential oils, add now.
- Scoop coconut oil moisturizer into a storage container.
- Use in place of lotion and body butter.
Does exactly what it says on the tin… it’s a whipped moisturiser, no explanation needed!
Honey & Yogurt Mask –
- 1Tbsp Raw honey, or Manuka Honey
- 2Tbsp Natural Yogurt
- Mix the raw honey with yogurt
- Apply to face & let sit for 20minutes
- Remove using a warm wash cloth (Not your tongue😜)
This is very hydrating & leaves the skin feeling fresh & loved again!
Avocado Honey Moisturiser –
- 3Tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado
- 1Tbsp Raw or Manuka Honey
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree into a smooth cream
- Apply it to your skin &leave for at least an hour
- Rinse off with warm water.
Very good at making your complexion look smooth & plumping the skin & wrinkles.
So there you have it! My 5 ThrifDee Skin Hacks!
These are cheap, accessible & easily made from scratch at home! So why not give theme a try? Let me know what magic potions you use on your skin in the comments below & don’t forget to share!