The morning is a critical time that can set the tone for the entire day. There are many benefits of waking up early, but did you know the immense effect it can have on your daily life?
Waking up early lessens stress levels, rushing around in the mornings makes us feel chaotic, so changing up your routine can really help. You can take the time to wake up properly, fix yourself a more substantial hearty, nutritious breakfast.
Which leads me to getting active in the morning, research shows excising in the morning on an empty stomach reduces the most body fat, morning exercise not only helps you to loose weight, but it also releases an endorphin that will start your day off in a better mood..
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
Tips On Getting Out Of Bed
- Keep a glass of water by the bed, hydrate as soon as you wake & also drink some warm lemon water, it’s an excellent way to get your body going.
- Limit screen time before sleeping – Using your phone before sleeping can stimulate your brain in the wrong way make it harder to fall asleep earlier.
- Setting your sleep schedule (yes its a thing!) – Download the App Sleep Time You can use it to regulate the times you sleep/wake up & know the best sleep cycles.
- Don’t hit snooze! As hard as it sounds, hitting that button can reset your brain into thinking you’re in the beginning of the sleep cycle, which will result in feeling more groggy! – You snooze, you loose!
- Stretch & exercise when you wake it will help you liven up and get your blood pumping for the day ahead.
Setting A Routine & Sticking To It –
- Start each day the same way, to gear your brain to moving into each goal you’ve set.
- Use your first 15 minutes wisely, schedule your most important to-do’s early & be fully focused.
- Take the time to pray, if you don’t pray, take a moment to be thankful for everything you have.
- Start your day with milestones that keep you motivated throughout the day.
- Set goals for the day ahead & prioritize important goals that need to be met.
- Manage your time, write a list in your planner & stick to it.
Shorten your morning routine by packing lunch the night before, ironing your clothes beforehand or stocking your gym bag. Crossing off items on your to-do list the night before ensures you wake up ready to take on the day prepared and less stressed!
Having more time in the morning means you can be spending more quality time with the ones you love!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t skip it! A good breakfast can improve your energy levels, so waking up earlier will give you more time to prepare breakfasts that you love, or go for an energizing smoothie, you can check my top smoothie recipes for all day energy here if your appetite isn’t as big in the mornings!
Make your bed! The habit of making your bed on a daily basis has been linked to better productivity throughout the day. It also has a lot of other positives! When you adopt the simple habit of making your bed, you feel more responsible & are helping those that live with you! …. Nobody likes a lazy bum who can’t even make their own bed in the morning! I’ve always lived by the rule – last one up makes the bed! 😉
oooh! I love that magenta fitbit! I wear mine 24/7, and I love reflecting back on my sleep cycles! These are great tips! I’m also trying to work on my habits such as making my bed.. I even put the tracker in my bullet journal! Also– That Ultra Repair Cream from Sephora is the absolute best. I have the driest skin on the planet!
Yes that’s a great idea to track it in a journal & your bullet journal tracking always looks so impressive! Sephora is amazing for dry skin! 😍
I’m reading this as I just groggily rolled out of bed from hitting the snooze 20 times. Definitely a much needed reminder to get it together! I will definitely be implementing these things into my morning routine.
Haha, don’t be tempted to snooze! Let me know how you get on!
You are so right! I had the habit of getting up early and although the initial move of taking off the covers was tough, I always felt better when I had time to let my mind and body wake up before rushing to work! This has inspired me to get back to it! Thanks for the motivation! Also I need to see if I can get the duvet in the US because I LOVE IT!