DIY = Dough It Yourself! Yes, a #NoNasties home made, natural dough recipe that you will keep using time & time again, because you can use it for a multitude of recipes, this is not just a pizza dough!
The brood are #HANGRY! The clock is ticking, almost that time of the day where you need to feed & water them again – I know right! 😛
One wants pizza, one wants pie, pastries, whatever…. now you can give it to them, because this dough recipe is fit for plenty of treats!
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
Nobody likes giving their family stuff that’s possibly full of additives and preservatives, So why not take matters into your own hands and Dough-It-Yourself?
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups flour
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, Mix the water, oil, yeast and salt.
- Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- The exact flour amount will vary so go by the touch and feel of the dough versus the exact cup measurements in the recipe. The dough should be soft and smooth.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes (more like 5-6 minutes if kneading by hand or if using whole wheat flour).
- Let the dough rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Shape the dough into pizza(s), spread with sauce and toppings, and bake 20 mins or until golden.
This recipe doubles really well. If doubling, use double the amount for all the ingredients. Keep an eye on the flour if increasing the recipe. You want a soft, smooth dough – not too sticky and definitely not dry.
This can be used for appitisers such as filled pockets with cheese & veg, lunchbox fillers or as a main for pizza, calzones, Souflee, Stromboli & many more!
Why not have a go at my easy dough? Let me know what you use yours for in the comments below? Don’t forget to share!
Yesss I love pizza, and this dough is pretty simple. Question, can I use whole wheat flour?
There is some problem with yeast thing with me….It never proofs for me….I never tried instant yeast….thank you for the tips…will try with instant yeast soon…
Is it that easy!? OMG why I have I not done this before! Fresh pizza dough and no added preservatives or chemicals! Yummmmmmm
I have always wanted a pizza dough recipe as I always buy the dough (for $2)ready made from the store and just store it in the fridge and roll it and add my ingredients.
Oh I really like that fact that you can use it for lots of different recipes. Must bookmark and come back to this in sha’Allah.
Cannot wait to try this with the kids! I make a mean hidden veg pizza sauce as well 😊😊😊
Oh, sounds good! you’ll have to share that “secret sauce” recipe!
Something was pushing me from not trying this is an inspiration for sure
You really cannot beat homemad pizza dough! This recipe looks perfect to me. Yum 💕