Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
I have all good intentions, but never get around to them, but every now & then I get the urge to whip up a treat for the kids, ……Apple Crumble is one of my favorite all time desserts & so are muffins….
It made sense to put the two together, since my kids usually argue over portions of ANYTHING! I decided to make muffins… individual hand held desserts = no arguing – Score!!
I’m just going to get straight into it, and give you what you’ve came for!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- (I used the left over apple pulp from juicing in my Kenwood Pure Juicer)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Mix in oil, egg and milk.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top of the cup.
- In a small bowl,stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix together by rubbing with your hands to make a crumble or with fork and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, enjoy!
Let me know what you would put in your muffins in the comments below, tag @thrifdee_dubai & share your snaps on Instagram using the hashtag #Bishbashbosh
Until next time….
Mine are in the oven right now. They were so fast to make. Used the carrot and apple from my juicer 😉
Brilliant!! I’m going to try the carrot next time….. imagine with some chopped walnuts & cream cheese frosting on top …… true carrot cake style muffins – YUM!
These look amazing! Yum. Its snowing in the uk so would go nice with some custard!
Yes!! Custard would be lush with these!
Yum! I love apple and cinnamon. This dessert looks like the perfect treat.
These muffins look so good! Such a great treat on a cold day too- a perfect snack with some hot tea!
Salam! I can almost smell them from here ;)! They look divine mashAllah!
This is really quick and easy! Also I love that we can use any fruit pulp 😍 Sounds yummm!
Can’t ask for more….these for perfect for season and my favorite combo too…apple and cinnamon…drool…
They look and sound so yummy… Loved the tip of using fruit pulps post juicing to enhance flavor of muffins.